We all know that nutrition forms a big part of the overall health picture.
What we put on our plates and into our bodies can have massive implications for our performance and chronic disease risk, yet so many of us struggle to stick on the straight and narrow.
If your best laid healthy eating plans have fallen by the wayside, here are a selection of the most thought provoking diet quotes that’ll change the way you think about food, and inspire you to get back on track for a healthier future.
1. “About eighty percent of the food on shelves of supermarkets today didn’t exist 100 years ago.” ― Dr. Larry McCleary, Author and Brain Surgeon
2. “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”― Michael Pollan, Author
3. “Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food.” ― Hippocrates, Greek Philosopher
4. “Any food that requires enhancing by the use of chemical substances should in no way be considered a food.” ― John H. Tobe, Author
5. “Nothing has benefited me more physically, mentally and most important spiritually, then adapting a vegan diet. The best decision I have made as a human for me and the planet.” ― Tim Shieff, Professional Freerunner
6. “If you think of exercise as a 60-minute commitment 3 times a week at the gym, you’re missing the point completely. If you think that going on a diet has something to do with nutrition, you don’t see the forest through the trees. It is a lifestyle. I know it sounds cliche, but you have to find things you love to do.”― Brett Hoebel, Celebrity Trainer
7. “Food is really and truly the most effective medicine.” ― Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Plant Based Doctor
8. “Imagine that the world had created a new ‘dream product’ to feed and immunize everyone born on earth. Imagine also that it was available everywhere, required no storage or delivery, and helped mothers plan their families and reduce the risk of cancer. Then imagine that the world refused to use it.” — Frank A. Oski, Pediatrician
9. “Proper nutrition is the difference between feeling exhausted and getting the most out of a workout.”― Summer Sanders, Olympic Swimming Champion
10. “Obesity is a symptom of poverty. It’s not a lifestyle choice where people are just eating and not exercising. It’s because kids – and this is the problem with school lunch right now – are getting sugar, fat, empty calories – lots of calories – but no nutrition.”― Tom Colicchio, TV Chef
11. “To insure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.”― William Londen
12. “Everything in food works together to create health or disease. The more we think that a single chemical characterizes a whole food, the more we stray into idiocy.” ― Dr. T. Colin Campbell, Plant Based Doctor
13. “I try to come at fitness and nutrition from a perspective of gentleness and what will make me feel good afterwards. I try to stay out of the mindset of needing to fix myself. I do whatever seems fun to me.”―Taylor Schilling, Actress
14. “If slaughterhouses had glass walls, the whole world would be vegetarian.” ― Linda McCartney, Artist/Musician
15. “So, when it comes to eating healthy, it’s just doing the right thing. And it’s not something you have to do 365 days a year, but I think it’s something you have to do 25 days a month. Let’s put it that way.” Mike Ditka, Former NFL Tight End
16. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”― Jim Rohn, Motivational Speaker
17. “The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.”― Thomas Edison, Inventor
18. “We are an overfed and undernourished nation digging an early grave with our teeth…” — Ezra Taft Benson, Government Official
19. “Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.” — Jack LaLanne, Fitness Expert
20. “Our children are capable of consuming something that grew in a garden or on a tree and never saw a deep fryer. They are capable of making it through diner at a sit-down restaurant with tablecloths and no climbing equipment. Children deserve quality nourishment.” — Victoria Moran, Author
21. “Healthy eating isn’t about counting fat grams, dieting, cleanses, and antioxidants; Its about eating food untouched from the way we find it in nature in a balanced way; Whole foods give us all that we need to perfectly nourish ourselves.” — Pooja Mottl, Natrual Foods Chef
Are there any other inspirational healthy diet quotes that you’d add to the list?
Featured photo credit: condesign via pixabay.com
The post 21 Of The Most Powerful Quotes On Eating A Healthy Diet appeared first on Lifehack.