I flew in from Las Vegas airport to LaGuardia, New York with a transit connection in Denver, Colorado. I was writing this blog when my flight was delayed at the Denver airport for a few hours.
When faced with an unexpected delay in air travel, it’s essential to make the most of the situation and find ways to occupy your time. Rather than succumbing to frustration, there are numerous activities and opportunities available to ensure your wait is both productive and enjoyable. From exploring the airport’s amenities to indulging in a good book, let’s explore a range of options that can transform a delayed flight into a surprisingly pleasant experience.
Here are 10 things you can do when your airplane is delayed:
- Stay informed: Keep track of updates provided by the airline and airport officials regarding the delay. Stay near the gate or monitor flight status online for any changes.
- Relax and unwind: Take this opportunity to unwind and destress. Find a comfortable spot, read a book, listen to music, or simply close your eyes and relax.
- Explore the airport: Airports often have various amenities and services. Take a walk around, and discover shops, restaurants, or lounges that offer entertainment or relaxation options.
- Stay connected: Use the airport’s Wi-Fi to catch up on emails, browse the internet, or stay in touch with family and friends. Take advantage of the extra time to connect with loved ones.
- Enjoy a meal: Treat yourself to a meal or snack at one of the airport’s restaurants or cafes. Use the delay as an opportunity to try out a new cuisine or indulge in your favorite comfort food.
- Get some work done: If you have pending tasks or assignments, use the delay to be productive. Find a quiet corner, set up your laptop, and make progress on your work.
- Exercise and stretch: Airports often have designated areas for exercise or yoga. Take a stroll or stretch your legs to get some exercise and relieve any tension or restlessness.
- Shop duty-free: Explore the duty-free shops and boutiques within the airport. Whether you’re looking for souvenirs, clothing, or electronics, you may find some interesting items and even grab a good deal.
- Meet fellow travelers: Strike up a conversation with other passengers who are also experiencing the delay. You might make new friends or find interesting travel stories to share.
- Plan for your destination: If you haven’t already, use the delay to research and plan activities for your destination. Look up attractions, restaurants, or events to make the most of your time when you arrive.
- If for some reason you have to find a place to stay while the flight is delayed or cancelled, you can stay in one of this hotels.
Remember, delays are often beyond our control, so try to make the best of the situation and stay positive!